Major Projects Reforms
- Major Projects Assessment Reform - An overview. Fact sheet 1 (docx, 96.8 KB)
This document contains a summary of the Tasmanian Government’s reforms for assessing major projects – to make the assessment process more efficient, to provide greater certainty to proponents earlier in the process, and to improve transparency and public involvement.
- Major Projects - Ministerial declaration. Fact sheet 2 (docx, 100.1 KB)
This document contains a summary on how the Minister for Planning and Local Government declares a major project in accordance with specified eligibility criteria, and under what circumstances the Minister may revoke a declaration of a major project.
- Major Projects - Roles & responsibilities. Fact sheet 3 (docx, 104.2 KB)
Summary on the roles and responsibilities of the key decision-makers in the major projects assessment process.
- Major Projects - Community consultation engagement. Fact sheet 4 (docx, 102.9 KB)
This document contains a summary on how members of the community can participate in the major project assessment process.
- Major Projects - Staged approval process. Fact sheet 5 (DOCX, 98.9 KB)
This document contains a summary of the ‘no reasonable prospect’ test that is determined early in the major projects assessment process and the ability of the decision-maker to grant a Major Project Permit subject to in-principle permit commencement conditions being met.
- Major Projects - Permit_amendment__cancellation. Fact sheet 6 (docx, 98.3 KB)
This document contains a summary on when a Major Project Permit can be corrected, amended or cancelled by the relevant decision-maker.
- Major Projects - Assessment fees & timeframes. Fact sheet 7 (docx, 99.0 KB)
This document contains a summary of the proposed staged approach to the recovery of assessment fees and a summary of the statutory timeframes for key assessment steps in the major projects assessment process.