Where can I get more information about the Tasmanian Planning Scheme?
This website and the Tasmanian Planning Commission’s website contain many relevant documents, including:
- A range of frequently asked questions (below), which give further details on the State Planning Provisions and Local Provisions Schedules.
- A range of fact sheets (above) providing a general overview of the planning reforms and information on key themes, such as residential development, heritage values and rural and agriculture, covered by the State Planning Provisions.
- The State Planning Provisions (PDF, 3.3 MB) made by the Minister.
- The original draft State Planning Provisions are contained in the assessment report prepared by the Tasmanian Planning Commission under s.25 of the Act, which was provided to the Minister on 9 December 2016.
- The Tasmanian Planning Commission’s assessment report contains the Commission’s recommendations to the Minister on modifications to the original draft State Planning Provisions and a version of the provisions modified in accordance with that advice. It also provides a summary of the representations made during the extensive public exhibition and hearings.
- The Minister’s Statement of Reasons contains more detail on reasons for the modifications to the original draft State Planning Provisions and why the Minister determined that the modified draft does not require re-exhibition.
- The Tasmanian Planning Commission’s Guideline No.1 – Local Provisions Schedules: zone and code application has been issued under section 8A of the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993, and provides an easy reference guide for the application of all zones and codes for the preparation of draft Local Provisions Schedules (LPSs) and amendments to LPSs.
General enquiries about the preparation of the Tasmanian Planning Scheme should be directed to:
Planning Policy Unit
Department of Justice
GPO Box 825 Hobart 7001
Ph (03) 6166 1429
Enquiries on the public exhibition and assessment process should be directed to:
The Tasmanian Planning Commission
Level 3, 144 Macquarie Street, Hobart
GPO Box 1691 HOBART TAS 7001