Housing Land Supply (Howrah No. 2) Order 2022
Adjacent to 313 Clarence Street, Howrah
What's new? Have your say on the proposed Housing Land Supply order under the Housing Land Supply Act 2018. Read the following for further information on the proposed Order and how to make a submission.
Consultation period: 4 June 2022 to 4 July 2022
Details of the proposed Order
- The site is currently zoned Utilities and development of the site for residential housing is prohibited under the zone.
- The proposed Order if approved, will result in part of the land being rezoned to the General Residential Zone.
- Rezoning the land will enable Communities Tasmania to increase their supply of social and affordable housing within the Clarence Municipality.
Details of the site
- The proposed Order relates to approximately 1300m2 of land located at adjacent to 313 Clarence Street Howrah and forms parts of title reference FR 6109/1.
- The land is owned by the Department of State Growth and surplus to the formation of the South Arm Highway.
- The area of land in the proposed Order has potential to yield up to approximately 4 dwelling units dependent on the type of development proposed and addressing the requirements of the Tasmanian Planning Scheme through the Clarence Local Provisions Schedule and the State Planning Provisions.
- Further details of the site are contained in the attached reports.
The proposed Order and the Minister for Planning's statement of reasons can be viewed below:
- Consultation Package – including proposed Order, Minister’s Statement of Reasons and frequently asked questions (PDF, 825.7 KB)
- Planning Submission report prepared by All Urban Planning Pty Ltd for the Department of Communities Tasmania. (PDF, 1.9 MB)
The public are invited to make submissions in relation to the proposed Order within the exhibition period.
Making a submission
Submissions may be made with respect to the relevant matters specified in section 13(2) of the Housing Land Supply Act 2018.
The relevant matters are as follows:
- the suitability for residential use of the area of land;
- the suitability of the intended zone; or
- whether the Minister would, or would not, contravene section 5(2) or section 6(1) or (2) of the Housing Land Supply Act 2018 by making a housing land supply order.
Have your say
Consultation will be open for 28 days and the closing date for submission is 5:00pm on Monday, 4 July 2022. You can have your say by making a written submission and posting or emailing it to our Office before the consultation period closes.
State Planning Office
Department of Premier and Cabinet
GPO Box 123
HOBART TAS 7001
The Minister for Planning will consider all Housing Land Supply Order submissions in accordance with legislation before determining whether to table the proposed Order in Parliament or not. Where the Order is tabled, the submissions are included for Parliament’s review. Either House of Parliament can disallow (refuse) a proposed Order.
If the Minister for Planning determines not to table the proposed Order in Parliament, legislation requires the Minister to publish all submissions received and provide reasons for not tabling the proposed Order.
No personal information other than an individual’s name or the organisation making a submission will be presented to Parliament or published.