Tasmanian planning reforms and current reviews
The Government is undertaking planning reforms to improve and build Tasmania’s planning system.
Phase 1 Planning Reforms involves the introduction of the new Tasmanian Planning Scheme, which is nearing completion.
- Where can I find out more on the Tasmanian Planning Scheme?
- Which municipalities currently have the Tasmanian Planning Scheme in effect?
Phase 2 Planning Reforms will deliver:
- the Tasmanian Planning Policies to provide a statewide vision and strategic framework for the planning system
- an improved regional land use planning framework providing improvements to processes for preparing, assessing, reviewing and consulting the community for the regional land use strategies
- comprehensive reviews of the three regional land use strategies.
Review of the State Planning Provisions
The State Planning Provisions (SPPs) are due for their 5-yearly statutory review in 2022.
- Where can I find out more on the SPPs?
- For more information on the Review of the State Planning Provisions
- Terms of Reference for minor amendments
Current legislative reviews and community consultations
Compliance with accessibility standards is a constant process which we regularly endeavour to improve. If you experience any issues accessing the information on this site, please contact us at Planning.email@example.com | (03) 6166 1429 and we will do our utmost to fix the issue or provide the content in an alternative format.