Draft Land Use Planning and Approvals (Amendment) Bill 2022
Consultation period is now closed.
What's new? The draft Bill, proposing refinements to the assessment process for major projects, was revised and tabled in Parliament following the review of 17 submissions received from consultation. View below for published submissions, consultation report, supporting documents and what comes next.
The Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993 (LUPA Act) was amended in 2020 to introduce the major projects assessment process. Applying the new major projects assessment process to the new Bridgewater Bridge project identified where some improvements to the process could be made and the Government is now seeking to address these with the draft Land Use Planning and Approvals Amendment Bill 2022 (PDF, 992.7 KB) (draft Bill). The draft Bill was revised following the review of submissions received during consultation and has now been tabled in Parliament. A consultation report has been prepared and is available below.
The draft Land Use Planning and Approvals (Amendment) Bill 2022 aims to address 10 different themes to improve the major projects assessment process. These are contained in the following information sheets and FAQ:
- Information sheet 1 - amendments relating to sensitive material (PDF, 337.9 KB)
- Information sheet 2 - updating legislation references in line with current Acts
(PDF, 180.0 KB)
- Information sheet 3 - making better use of digital technology for information sharing
(PDF, 183.5 KB)
- Information sheet 4 - relating to landowners whose land is included in a major project declaration
(PDF, 223.8 KB)
- Information sheet 5 - granting permission for site investigations after a major project has been declared
(PDF, 296.7 KB)
- Information sheet 6 - relating to land outside the area declared for a major project
(PDF, 329.7 KB)
- Information sheet 7 - clarifying the process where a regulator fails to provide a response
(PDF, 178.9 KB)
- Information sheet 8 - providing the Assessment Panel with additional time to consolidate advice from regulators
(PDF, 194.1 KB)
- Information sheet 9 - relating to the process for correcting administrative errors
(PDF, 169.5 KB)
- Information sheet 10 - introducing an additional process for amending a major project permit
(PDF, 327.0 KB)
Complete information package (PDF, 811.6 KB) - Includes all information sheets and FAQs
Have your say
Consultation has now closed.
What happens next